Sunday 15 February 2015

The Wheezing Old Person that I am

I think my one big learning today is that I set myself up for sabotage. Also cosmos is a bitch - but that I've known for sometime now.

On the question of self sabotage, consider for example how I travel. I tend to plan my travel with relatively thin margins of error. Sometimes I don't know some crucial information, for example if the autowala asks me "station ki kis taraf jana hai?" I will draw a blank. And since cosmos is a bitch, I end up on the wrong side of the station and end up running to the other end laden with luggage and 7 minutes to go.

It is at this point that breath comes in short, sharp, painful bursts, your brain is working at a furious pace but your limbs don't seem to move at the required pace and you know you've set yourself up for sabotage.

Reaching 30 seconds before due departure time doesn't mean you've won, it means you're not good at sabotaging yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment