Monday 20 April 2015

On Monday Mornings

When you're not quite ready to hit the treadmill running,
When you'd rather linger in your bed and catch that last snatch of sweet morning sleep,
When you want to day dream,
And window shop across the interwebs - looking for something amusing,
You find just such a thing from the masters:

A Drink With Something In It
There is something about a Martini,
A tingle remarkably pleasant;
A yellow, a mellow Martini;
I wish I had one at present.
There is something about a Martini,
Ere the dining and dancing begin,
And to tell you the truth,
It is not the vermouth--
I think that perhaps it's the gin.
Image Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/

I could use a mellow dirty martini or a gin and tonic this morning. Except Frost keeps knocking at the back of my head - what was that line about promises?

No comments:

Post a Comment