Thursday 26 February 2015

Things I refuse to learn

I think today I want to talk about some of the things that confront me in my life, which set me thinking 'maybe I have this to learn in life'. But no matter how many times I face them, a very stubborn part of me just refuses to learn the lesson.

I think the hardest thing from me is to maintain a sense of calm humility in the face of stupidity. Sometimes I honestly wish I could prevent myself from throwing a fit of anger when I perceive someone as being insincere or just plain block headed. There are days when I feel like I'm making progress on that front but its more like one step forward and two steps backwards.

Another thing I cannot seem to get a hang of is how to stay on schedule. I keep thinking that if I can organize my time a little bit better I'd have more space for all the things I want to do. Doesn't happen though. I'll stick to it for a bit and then things will wobble. Take this blog for example, I was posting more or less regularly for almost a fortnight - even if I was in the field. And then nothing for a week.

Focusing or narrowing it down has its issues for me. I can never - for the life of me - choose between things to concentrate on. I want to write, and read, and crochet, and learn music, and travel, and learn a new language - two actually. So you can imagine, the progress is a tad patchy.

Does that bother me? There are times when I think if I was a little more organized, or calmer or thinner or shinier, I'd be happier. Does that mean I do something about it? In my case it is always one step forward, two step back.

No comments:

Post a Comment